The windows have become so powerful that we need them for a lot of comfort at home. It is with the help of them, we enjoy broad openings without fear of extreme weather like the cold or overheating. To choose the right Columbus replacement windows, first determine your needs: comfort for summer and winter, noise, safety, ventilation, there are as many windows as situations.
Here are some trends, benchmarks and questions to ask while you choose your new windows for newer installation or as replacement.
- A new window should make these differences at home: provide thermal comfort, increase the aesthetics of the room but also the acoustics and ventilation.
When choosing the woodworking, ask yourself the right questions:
- What is the orientation of the bay?
- Is the street noise a problem?
- Do you have special requirements (condo, villa exterior match)?
- What budget do you spend on the windows project?
- What material would fit best to the aesthetics of the house: the aluminum, wood, PVC? Finally, it is imperative that the installation is at the height, the installer choice is decisive.
Windows Ideas for your home – Room by room
Look no standard equipment that fits everywhere, you should choose a window adapted to the room, to the orientation of the bay and your lifestyle.
- In the bathroom, preserve privacy with frosted windows or integrated awning. If there are mechanical ventilation in the room, do not install a ventilation grille on the window, it would disrupt the flow of air.
- In the bedroom, consider coupling traditional opening (in French) and opening-tilt. You will be able, in the heart of summer, sleep with open windows safely.
- In the kitchen, especially if it is small, the opening can be troublesome, especially over the sink. Choose a sliding window (a panel slides behind the other) or, more rare but superb, a sash window.